Thursday, November 24, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm feeling full, warm and loved this evening. We watched "White Christmas" this afternoon. Now I have the song running through my mind: "...If you're worried, and you can't sleep, try counting your blessings instead of sheep. Then you'll fall asleep counting your blessings!"

Today I am thankful for many things. I'm thankful for the delicious meal we enjoyed this afternoon. I enjoyed cooking it, running out to my garden bed several times for fresh thyme. I'm thankful that the girls played nicely together all day. I'm thankful that we sat together this morning to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for awhile.

Most of all, I am thankful for my friends and family. Several friends and several family members took the time today to send messages to me, wishing us a wonderful day, and expressing thankfulness for our friendships and family ties. I sent nothing to anyone. This doesn't mean that I didn't think about how much I appreciate all those special people in my life, I did, many times.

So this is it! This is the message to tell all of you out there whom I love so much (and you know who you are) that I am thankful for each of you more than I can express in words. Some of you are my family by birth or marriage, and some of you became my family when I had none close to me. All of you are dear, appreciated and loved.




I hope you all are also feeling warm, full and loved this evening. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: