Another weekend has come and gone. Where DOES the time go? I've just finished moving furniture for the second night in a row. I hope we don't make a habit of this! Went East yesterday for a lovely dinner out and shopping for a new recliner (to replace the one we have been borrowing from my Mother, which was replacing our old, mouse infested one). We ended up with OUT the lovely dinner, but WITH a new recliner AND couch. (It ends up that Roomful Express was having a 70% off Going Out of Business Sale.) The new challenge is to make it fit in our living room, which is limited by a wood stove and the stairway. We may FINALLY have accomplished the impossible!
My dear friend accompanied the girls and I up to Children's Hospital today, since she knew I was nervous driving in the big city by myself. The girls (including one of hers) were quite content to watch "Annie" on the drive to and from, and we enjoyed chatting. We received very good news today: J's JIA appears to be in remission at this point. We were given the go-ahead to discontinue her oral anti-inflammatories, and do not need to return until summer. The joint issues may return, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
We stopped at Krispy Kreme on the way home for coffee (and chocolate milk) and donuts to celebrate the fact that I didn't get lost on the way there, did not lose the van in the parking garage, and made it home without incidence.
Today is Valentine's Day, by the way. L came home from Preschool with a bag full of valentines and candy. We delivered a few valentines for J after returning from the city. John handed me a stack of cards last night after we moved furniture and before turning in for the night: a valentine, my birthday card, and a mother's day card from last summer. I guess the pile of cards he had fell back behind his safe, and he just recently recovered them.
1 comment:
A wonderful day with such good news!
Post a Comment