I have been requiring more sleep for the past year and a half than I ever have before. I think it is because my Endocrinologist is finally getting my thyroid regulated. On the other hand, I am sleeping better now than I did before JP started using CPAP at night.
I still keep a baby monitor down in the girls' room, with an extension turned on at a low volume beside my bed...just in case the girls have trouble during the night. It happens only rarely any more that I get woken because of bad dreams, tummy aches, or accidents in bed.
J was always an easy one to console after bad dreams. I would just snuggle up in bed with her for awhile until she dropped back off to sleep.
L asks me to tell her a "good dream" before she can go back to sleep. That requires me to come up with at least 2 stories to tell her before I am allowed to go back to my own bed. I am not the best story teller at any time, but I definitely do not do my best thinking at 2 AM. L keeps me straight though, and asks "WHAT Mommy?" when I start mumbling incoherently as I doze off in the middle of telling her a good dream. Early this morning, while I was telling her a story, she shook me and said "Mommy! Grandpa who?" I have absolutely no idea!
J has been having some strange sleeping issues this week too. I found her sound asleep in the middle of the floor on Tuesday morning! This morning she called me with a frantic tone to her voice, "Mommy! What is wrong with my bed?"
I came to investigate, and found a pool of red in the middle of her sheets, with splotches and smears all over her shirt, arms and face. I pulled her shirt off and searched for the cause of the bleeding, and found nothing. Meanwhile, I'm thinking, "You've got to be kidding...she started her period at NINE years of age???"
I sent her off for a shower, and proceded to strip the sheets off her bed.
"Mommy," she called from the bathroom, "this is the same color as my red marker!"
Aha!
Despite her reassurances that the markers are "washable", and the fact that I soaked everything most of the day before washing it, there are still some pinkish stains on her sheets. On the positive side, however, she did not require any blood transfusions!
No comments:
Post a Comment