Monday, February 27, 2012

Revenge

I have spent the past several days ruminating on a string of unfortunate things that have happened lately to my friends. Over the weekend, I told one of them that it felt like Sept. 11th all over again: I was apprehensive to see what/who would get hit next.

In the past 2 weeks, two of my good friends have been dismissed from the local University. (This is making the situations sound far less complex than they truly are.) The resulting reality to me is that JP & I will not only lose our friends, as they will likely travel to some other town with another University to start over, but our children will lose their friends that they have known for most of their lives.

The twisted thing is that I have been more conscious over the past month of the incredible riches I have been blessed with in this town as far as friendships are concerned. I feel like I have been robbed!

So, for 4 or 5 days, I have been very sad.

Today, I got mad.

Add that to the fact that by 3:30 this afternoon, J had only completed 2 of 4 lessons for the day, and L was being obstinate about her final lesson, in Art. I announced that school was over for me for the day and they could finish up on their own, and I marched out of the house with a hatchet.

I spent the next 30 minutes chopping kindling for the wood stove. It was good therapy. I'm feeling much better, although I still had to take a break to wipe my eyes and blow my nose in the middle of posting this.

L is still sitting downstairs staring at her crayons. Maybe a little "therapy" with the toilet brush would work wonders?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All emotions I have felt lately. . .maybe I should find a hatchet and some wood to chop?
xooxoxoxo love you
Kim