Monday, November 16, 2020

Here We Go Again...

Well, I was hoping that last Friday the 13th would "reset" this whole pandemic craziness.  Friday, March 13th, was when they closed the schools initially.  Instead of a re-do last week, the schools closed again.  We are again doing "virtual school" 100% of the time until December at least.

Sigh.

In the meantime, we have stayed busy around here.

I baked some pies.


Apple - I had to try out my friend's pie filling

Shoo-fly pie - a Mennonite staple

The last pumpkin from the garden was cut up, cooked, pureed and frozen for later, with the exception of some used for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and some for pumpkin coffee cake.

Interestingly, when I cut open this pumpkin, some of the seeds had already sprouted.

I planted a few, and now I have some baby pumpkin plants growing on my windowsill!

JP had his first cataract surgery done and it made a huge difference in his vision.  He was supposed to have the second one done this coming Thursday, but it was postponed as the surgeon was exposed to COVID and is quarantining.

J won Senior Student of the month for November.  We are quite proud of her!

J and I did a road trip to visit colleges Thursday and Friday.  It was a lot of driving and fairly exhausting, but good.  I am favoring Youngstown State at this point!

My quilting is on hold for the time being as the instructor has COVID.

I cut down the dead plants in my big flower garden and weeded.  I also weeded about half of the blueberries and mulched with leaves.

Back to work tomorrow.  Sheesh.

No comments: