I have been trying to write for a couple of days, but keep getting distracted by masks that need sewing or Algebra 2 questions, or everyone's unnatural need to eat 3 meals a day. Today, I am distracted by election results.
Except for anxiety regarding this election, it has been a really lovely fall. I have been puzzling about why I was enjoying it so much, and finally realized it boiled down to this: no soccer craziness and no theater rehearsal craziness. I miss those things, but I don't...it's complicated.
We had time to carve our pumpkins early in the month. Well, J and I had time. L scooped the goop out of her pumpkin and let it sit on the counter for two weeks where it turned slimy and grew mold. We had a jack-o-lantern funeral procession to the compost the week before Halloween.
![]() |
| J carved a porg, mine was a wolf howling at the moon (long story) |
![]() |
| L had to wear a mask near her pumpkin since it smelled pretty bad! Notice the fungus (arrows) |
I took time to make lots of roasted pumpkin seeds - a savory variety (R) and a sweet & spicy one (L.)
It has given me time to take quilting lessons - I finally started the quilting last week:
JP, who has been putting in lots of hours at work, finally has a large part of the month off. He is continually worried about not having enough PPE at work, and brings home his masks. I put a bunch of them in a lingerie bag, ran them through the washer and hung them to dry. Overall, I think it was successful, although the wire to fit over the nose broke on a couple of them.
![]() |
| A multitude of masks |
JP is also FINALLY having time to get his cataract surgery done - first eye this week!
So, it seems that Fall is nearly over. Most of the trees are bare. The mornings are frosty and we have been building fires in the woodstove. Winter is on its way - long, dark winter. Sigh.
Have you been enjoying fall this year?








No comments:
Post a Comment