Sunday, October 4, 2020

Apples

 
Last week, J and I drove north in search of apples.  We came home with quite a few, along with tiny pumpkins, tomatoes, and a jar of jam.

On Monday, I made 25 pints of my delicious "Secret Ingredient Applesauce."  I like to freeze it as it tastes more fresh when we thaw and eat it than the canned applesauce does.


I had a few extra apples, so I thought I'd try drying some.  JP and I fashioned a dehydrator out of a box fan, some bungee cords, and several air filters.




This is the end result.  L  has already devoured a handful or two!


The big news this weekend is that after 202 days, we have decided that JP will no longer quarantine.  He has moved back upstairs and rejoined the family at the dinner table as well.  It is such a relief!

No comments: