Monday, August 17, 2020

Glass Half Full

 The past several days have been full - ALL THE WAY full!

JP discovered that our water cistern was empty last Tuesday while I was at work.  He hauled several loads of water from the water station that evening, so we could get showers and wash dishes.  The following morning, we had a water truck come out to fill it up the rest of the way, just to save time.  Our cistern holds 2000 gallons, and we can haul 200 gallons at a time at a round trip time of 30 min/load.  None of has had the time or gumption to spend 5 hours hauling water!

The good news is that the well people came out the following day, and confirmed that the 3 year old (2nd) well that we spent big bucks to install was NOT dry, but the pump is apparently malfunctioning.

The bad news is that they were unable to remove the pump from the well - somehow it has become wedged in there.  They are returning tomorrow with a crane to attempt to remove it again.  The rest of the bad news is that we have had to continue to restrict water and haul water until we can get things working again.  Also, I'm sure it is not cheap to have the crane come to your house!

L got 3 impacted wisdom teeth and an impacted pre-molar removed on Thursday morning.  She is doing much better, but still having significant discomfort.  The chipmunk cheeks from swelling has already gone down, so I missed my opportunity to document this milestone in pictures.

On Saturday, we FINALLY got the nice rain that we've been waiting for over the past 2 months.  We only got 3/4 of an inch all together, but it came down nice and gently over the entire day, so that it soaked in, instead of running off.

On Sunday, since the soil was loosened up in the garden, I was able to spend about 2 + hours pulling weeds.

Because none of us had to work today, and because the weather was reasonably cool last night, we decided to have another outdoor movie.  Because we had to wait until it got dark, and then had audio issues, we didn't finish up until almost midnight.  Oh well - it's summer vacation!


Today I looked through all of the beach glass and pebbles that I have collected over the past 15 years from Presque Isle, Put In Bay, Cape May, and Fay Bainbridge Beach in Washington State.  I made a couple of pieces of jewelry with some of it.



Last year I used some pebbles and drift wood to craft a memento from Presque Isle, 


and the year before, I built this stack, which still stands in my kitchen window.


No comments: