Saturday, April 25, 2020

Same Old, Same Old...

Well, I think my comparatively good attitude about the pandemic and Stay-At-Home-Orders has basically worn off.  It has been 42 days since the schools closed, 41 days since JP began socially isolating in our home, and 38 days since I was laid off.

I keep trying new things to help pass the time.

I sewed some reusable "swiffer" dusters.


I colored for a while.


I keep trying new recipes.


These are No-Bake Breakfast "Cookies."  They seem to be a hit around here!

Microwave 3/4 c peanut butter and 1 T honey for 30 sec and mix well with 1/2 t vanilla.  Stir in 3/4 c rolled oats, 2 T chia seeds, 2 T sesame seeds, 1/4 chopped nuts, 1/4 c mini chocolate chips, 1/4 c craisins.  Scoop with 2 T scoop and form into balls and place on parchment lined sheet pan.  Press slightly to flatten.  Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour to firm up, then store in sealed container in refrigerator. 


I keep making homemade yogurt.  Here is my breakfast of champions yesterday:  homemade Greek-style yogurt with fresh berries, No-Bake Breakfast "Cookie", and Butterbeer Latte.


I just keep hoping that there's a light at the end of this extremely long, dark tunnel!

What are you doing to keep despair at bay?

No comments: