Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Miracle

I am home after spending 2 nights in the hospital.  I did it again - scheduled elective surgery for a few days before Christmas!  This time it was a bit more extensive - a hysterectomy.

I stressed about the worst case scenario, but everything went better than expected, and I'm actually feeling better than I anticipated after sleeping in my own bed last night, and getting a shower.  I just have a strangely poochy belly, and walk a little more slowly than I'm used to.

I stayed on the Labor & Delivery floor, so my walks every couple of hours took me past the nursery, where I could see lots of tiny toes & noses.  I'm so glad that I did not bring a baby home this time - I'm long past that point in my life!

Once again, I worked really hard to have everything done ahead of time, so I have just been sitting back, watching Christmas movies, and sipping hot tea.  Unfortunately, the dirty clothes hampers that I emptied out right before surgery, filled up again while I was away.  We are slowly working through that as well.

We are expecting snow tonight, which should make Christmas day even more perfect!

No comments: