Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Surprises

Today was full of surprises.  This morning, on my way home from taking J to school, I saw a fox.  I've seen foxes around here before, but this one was beautiful...and playful.  He ran along beside my van for a short time before disappearing into the tall grass on the adjacent hillside.

This evening I got off work earlier than expected.  After the past 2 weeks working late, and then bringing home work to do as well, it was a pleasant change.

After we got home, L played with the kitty and discovered that she (Lizzie) lost her first tooth...at least the first one we knew about.  L put it under Lizzie's kitty pillow and is hoping the kitty tooth fairy will bring her a mouse.

The biggest surprise came when J came in from checking for eggs.  "I guess all that Egg Layer feed we've been giving Miney (the rooster) finally worked!"  she announced, and revealed the tiniest of all eggs ever.  Here it is, next to a regular sized egg and an extra large one for comparison:



I never know what to expect, but as long as life keeps throwing nice surprises at me, it's all good!

No comments: