Saturday, July 14, 2012

Beach Week


This week at the beach was the first time that the girls or I had rented a beach house and played at the beach. 
L playing in the sand
It was the first time that L played in the ocean, although she preferred to play in the sand.

J on her boogie board.
 J had her first experiences on the boogie board. 

2 weeks ago, I was talking to JP's sister about how we really needed a vacation, and were thinking about trying to spend a few days at the beach.  She told us that they were offered a week at Cape May Point, NJ for half price, but it was still pretty expensive for just the 2 of them.  By some miracle, both JP and I were able to clear our schedules and make it happen.  We had a great time!

Cape May Lighthouse

Climbing 199 steps to the top of the lighthouse!

JP flying his stunt kite on the beach.







It all went very well, although none of us enjoyed the 8 hour drive to the beach or the one back home.  No one got sunburnt, but I did burn my arm on a skillet while making pancakes one morning.  The only catastrophes were J losing her goggles in the sea, and the 5 gallon water cooler tipping over to spill half of its contents all over the floor of our van...we're still trying to dry it all out.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Looks lovely!! Glad you had a good time. We will have to compare notes. :)