Saturday, April 14, 2012

...moan...

I have decided that I am officially too old and uncoordinated to go roller skating anymore. In fact, it has been almost forbidden by my loving husband!

We had a fun time initially, but after 2 falls, I was uncertain if I would be able to finish the last 15 minutes. I have been lying on the heating pad (I know, I know, ICE for the first 48 hours...but the heat feels SOOOO good) and watching episodes of Mythbusters for the past 2 1/2 hours.

Poor J, who sustained an ankle sprain, was sitting beside me, with her ankle wrapped and iced. Unfortunately, I believe she must have inherited some of her mother's lack of grace!

JP and L are unscathed, as L was riding out her punishment for her evil Friday the 13th behavior, and JP had to stay in cell phone range as he is on call. He stayed home and has been working on the taxes...fun, fun, fun.

It is raining now, lovely indeed for my poor garden, which was looking somewhat parched. Unfortunately, I think it is going to go another weekend without having much work done on it. I certainly don't feel in shape for wielding the broad fork, which must weigh at least 50 pounds!

Happy Birthday to you, K, most coordinated of hula hoop-ers and backward skater extraordinaire! I believe you still may be able to skate at age 42 without becoming wheelchair bound afterward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Poor you and J! Who knew that putting wheels on our feet would be such a dangerous thing to do? Wait a second, "wheels on our feet. . ." Hmm. So next year at my roller skating party :) we should bring cards and have a "Rook" table and you could also pass out the Advil as needed.
xoxoxoxoxox Hope myth busters was great and that you feel better soon!