Not a bit of snow came down today, although the rain looked a bit thick for a while this morning. Frequently the bad weather goes all the way around our little corner of the state. I ofter wonder, while looking at the radar maps, what Geological oddity exists here to make the weather avoid us??
We actually had a pretty good day! We took a couple of hours off to go to Washington for swimming lessons. I was able to exchange the little hot pink and orange Mary Janes that I picked up for L on the Target clearance rack during our Mom's night out the other day.
Today was our rescheduled "Pioneer Day" for L. Her History lesson was about Laura Ingalls Wilder. We read several "Little House" stories. The girls made butter, which we ate on Ma's buttermilk biscuits with tea.
My Father rode the train to Lancaster today for business. He rode through snow, and was exceedingly glad that he was not driving. Mom came over for dinner, so she wouldn't have to eat alone. I tried a new recipe which was not overly exciting, but everyone ate without complaining...even L.
The Winter Weather Watch that was supposed to be in effect until 2 AM has been withdrawn. JP is baking soft pretzels, and we have Cheers re-runs on. All's well that ends well!
No comments:
Post a Comment