Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer's End


Sweet Summer is drawing to a close. I'm trying not to mourn its passing, but I can't help looking back and feeling a twinge of sadness that another part of my girls' childhood has passed.

We went to the pool today for one last summer swim. It was hot...91* today, but the water was cold because of the 3 previous 50* nights. We ran into friends there, the girls had a blast and wore themselves out. I watched them play, thinking "it will never be EXACTLY like this again!"

The local kids will be starting school tomorrow. We have a two day reprieve, beginning on the 1st. Two days to finish up any unfinished business before our days become not so free again. Two days to pack it all in.

This year, my baby starts Pre-School. Time passes. Things change. Do I really, truly wish they would stay the same? Of course not, of course not. Another season will come, and with it new adventures. Let's drink to Autumn!

2 comments:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Getting all melencholy on us! I have to say I WISH it felt as if summer were ending and the cool weather coming! Fantastic contrails in the picture--really wonderful.

Country Girl said...

Yeah...probably because I blogged after watching that sad movie.

JP took the picture with his phone.

T