Saturday, March 6, 2010

Surrounded By

I don't get out much. We had to go South to Morgantown to get a new E string on J's violin yesterday. As we got closer to our road, everything was more and more snow covered...right up to our mostly melted driveway. I hadn't realized that elsewhere it looked less like winter than it does here!

Looking out the door, you wouldn't know that it has been above freezing during the day for the past 4 days. Basically everything is still snow covered, although it is down to about a foot or less deep in most areas. Tonight it is only supposed to be 33*...



We still have banks along the driveway that are quite high. This one is over 6 feet tall! This is the first time the driveway has been uncovered for a month.



There is still over a foot of snow and ice on parts of the roof.



There are some odd looking "sculptures" in the banks from the snow melt.



I have taken advantage of the sun yesterday and today to hang out my laundry. I have to slog through the snow to do it, but that, if nothing else, gives me hope for Spring.




Mom and Dad have been able to work for 3 days straight on their house.



They now have 5 rows of logs up and have placed the studs for the inside walls.



I am anxious to order plants, but have been waiting for my landscaping class to be over so that I have a better idea what to buy. The last class I had was Feb 4th...the day before the big snow! We still have 3 more classes, but will not start back until the 18th. I bought some seeds to start inside in the meantime, to tide me over.

No comments: