Sunday, February 22, 2026

On the Cusp...

We are on the cusp of Spring.  I don't smell it yet in the air, but my flowers are starting to tentatively show their tips.  The lenten roses have many buds on them right now, not quite blooming in time for the first day of Lent on Friday.

Last weekend I made about 70 newspaper cups and planted seeds for the garden once things are sunny and warm.  Thery are already coming up!

These are cabbages and kale

We had sunshine and weather in the 60's on Friday, so I worked in the garden for a couple of hours and got the blueberry bushes pruned.  Yesterday it was sunny and in the 50's.  JP and I cleared the pile of blueberry bush trimmings and the junk from last fall out of the garden.  We also tried to deer-proof my flower bed by putting in more posts around it and stringing electric fencing wire.  We still need to connect it to a solar battery to electrify it.

Today it is snowing on and off - hard to believe we were working in the sunshine in light jackets just 24 hours ago!   Sigh...we are down to a month of days before the "legal" beginning of Spring!

No comments: