Sunday, October 15, 2023

Almost a Gross...

Yesterday I realized that I had over 11 dozen eggs in my refrigerator, so since this was a cool and rainy weekend, I decided to do something about that!

We started with breakfast burritos yesterday (4 eggs) and then I made a double recipe of lemon curd (12 egg yolks) and a recipe of blueberry scones to eat it with (1 egg.)  I made an angel food cake to use up the remaining 12 egg whites.

Today I made egg salad out of 12 eggs and had another egg for breakfast.

I used a grand total of 30 eggs this weekend and took another dozen over to my parents. (And found this in my flower bed on the way. 😊)

I collected 10 eggs from the hens this weekend, which is actually fewer than normal.  However, I still have more than 7 dozen eggs in the refrigerator...


No comments: