So, J is home from college. I'm pretty sure she had about twice as much stuff to bring home as what we took there! I believe that she is finally all moved back in after about a week.
She went through her dresser, closet and bookshelves, and amassed 2 boxes of stuff. JP and I took inspiration and went through the kitchen cabinets and our closets as well and got 2 trash bags and counting of extraneous stuff. We made a couple of trips to Plato's Closet in different locations over the past couple of days where J sold a few items, and to Goodwill, where I dumped off 2 trash bags +. There is still a truck load of Goodwill stuff downstairs, where is has been accruing for the past year or so.
All of us made our annual trek to the nursery on Mother's Day to buy perennials, herbs and garden plants. J helped me plant almost everything that afternoon, AND we transplanted a few of the houseplants that she had taken to school last year. Now there is a bit of color on the porches.
There is already some color in my "coffin" shade bed. The bleeding hearts (some of my favorites) are going to town. L found this deer skull in the woods, and it looks like a Georgia O'Keefe painting.
All of the buds on my orchid inside have all opened on one side (14) and there is another stalk with 7 buds on it so far!
We were invited to a picnic in the park this afternoon - it should be fun to see everyone and hang out.
Finally, as a follow up note, I finally finished my shampoo bar. I started using it the beginning of January, so that's pretty good, longevity-wise!
Summer is coming. Enjoy the sunshine!




No comments:
Post a Comment