Monday, May 24, 2021

Senior Moments

J is winding down her High School experience.  She took an AP exam last week, and had another this AM.  After school today, she told me "now I don't have to care about school any more!"

In the past couple of months, she has been busy being a senior.

She went to prom with a group of friends.





Last week, she and I attended a picnic given by the Lion's Club to honor the HS Students of the Month - she won back in November.


Over the weekend, she and I spent a couple of hours doing a photo shoot for senior pictures.  We got some nice ones!




She graduates a week from Friday.  I can hardly believe it!

In the meantime, I have been trying to whip my garden into shape.  Despite the lovely rye cover crop and the fact that JP tilled all that biomass in - twice, the ground was like concrete when I went out to plant last week.  I worked and worked - even used the weed eater/tiller, and it barely broke through either.  JP ended up tilling a 3rd time, and I got a bunch of stuff planted ahead of the forecasted rain overnight last night.  It didn't rain very much, so here's hoping for another storm.

We got a lawn sweeper, so I have been pulling it behind the ATV after JP mows, and collecting a lot of grass clippings.  I weeded and mulched my asparagus bed very thickly with it - so thickly that I am now harvesting a bunch of white asparagus - it hasn't broken through the mulch, but developed under it.


I also picked the first few strawberries last week - yummy!


Only 7 1/2 days until summer vacation, how does your garden grow?

No comments: