Thursday, July 30, 2020

The Rain Day That Wasn't

Yesterday was the annual "Rain Day" festival in our little town.  Not only did the festival not occur due to COVID, but the link to the facebook page where it was supposed to be live-streamed was broken when I checked yesterday morning, AND it didn't rain.

We could really use the rain - it's been very dry.  My garden is suffering, although we've been able to keep it watered enough that it doesn't actually die.  In fact, lots of things are growing there (including weeds - haven't had enough grass clippings to mulch!)






I was at the bank downtown yesterday, during the time when every OTHER year, the Rain Day Festivities have been in full swing.  I did stop by the Farmer's Market for a delicious cantaloupe.  I also met 2 cute little boys with a lemonade stand.


Today, we have come by 2 bushels of peaches, so it's off to do some canning for me!


No comments: