While I was down there, I picked the strawberries and asparagus. Don't they look beautiful?
I happened to hear part of the poem "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay read by Chris in the Morning on "Northern Exposure" the other day, so I read the entire poem last night. It's a long one, but it's filled with beautiful descriptions like this:
...The rain, I said, is kind to come
And speak to me in my new home.
I would I were alive again
To kiss the fingers of the rain,
To drink into my eyes the shine
Of every slanting silver line,
To catch the freshened, fragrant breeze
From drenched and dripping apple-trees.
For soon the shower will be done,
And then the broad face of the sun
Will laugh above the rain-soaked earth
Until the world with answering mirth
Shakes joyously, and each round drop
Rolls, twinkling, from its grass-blade top...
It did eventually rain here a little bit this evening. It was just enough to freshen up the air a bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment