Sunday, August 26, 2018

Back to the Books

As has been our tradition for the past several years, we took another week of vacation at the 11th hour right before school started back in session.

We spent part of a day at Meadowcroft, where we threw the atlatl and tomahawk, visited a one room schoolhouse and blacksmith shop from the 19th century, and the rockshelter that housed early humans 16,000 years ago.


L was the only one who actually
 hit the target with her tomahawk


Later, we travelled East to visit JP's sister and BIL outside of Philadelphia.  The girls and I went into the city for an afternoon - walked through China Town, and the historic district in Philly, and bought items for dinner at the Italian Market.



The last few days were spent in back to school shopping and last minute doctor appointments.  L had her first middle school soccer practice on Wednesday, and both girls were up bright and early for school on Thursday.

We have had a wonderfully relaxing weekend, full of good food (homemade pasta and fresh sauce; salted caramel praline ice cream; apple pie with chocolate, caramel and bourbon; curry soup) and rest.

I spent several hours working in the garden, and a little time working in my flower bed.  I will discuss that more at another time, but I did manage to pick this little bouquet.

Blooming now:  zinnias, mums, Russian sage, mint

L has her first soccer game on Tuesday, so more photos to come.  I hope you are enjoying your transitions to Fall as well.

No comments: