Friday, June 8, 2018

Flowers and Quirky Kids

I thought I'd post pictures of my outside potted plants this year.

In my big iron kettle, I've got a black and white theme going on.  I've got a "Black Magic" petunia, "Blackie" sweet potato vine, and "Wicked" ornamental pepper, along with a white begonia and a random zinnia.

Hanging in front of the main door are two fuchsias that were a bargain at Aldi a month ago.  I've never grown fuchsias before, but I want to try to overwinter them.


J fell in love with this "Candy Cane" verbena.  It reminds me of those starlight mints that you get at Pizza Hut.


The girls and I went out Thursday afternoon for summer clothes shopping.  J was having a hard time finding jean shorts that fit her body type.  At home, she is frequently wearing 20 year old jeans of mine with the legs cut off, and she says she loves the way the "mom jeans" fit.  After trying on shorts at 5 or 6 stores, we went into American Eagle Outfitters, and she stumbled upon their "Mom Shorts" style...which fit her perfectly.  Mom jeans...go figure.

When we got the summer clothes out of storage here at home, L decided to wear a light nightgown to bed.  She stopped wearing them a couple of years ago because they "aren't comfortable."  She talked herself in and out of wearing the "nightengown" for a couple of nights, and I think it has finally ended up in the donate box.

I was hoping to get the pool uncovered and cleaned today, but the girls are too busy watching Carpool Karaoke on YouTube to get dressed.  I guess swimming isn't a priority today!

No comments: