I started seeds for my garden a bit later than usual, but already some of them are coming up! That at least is encouraging!
In the meantime, I spent some more time working in the wood shop with my dad. I can't say that everything is going smoothly, although it is going well. I have had to re-do several pieces, some of them a couple of times. I will consider it a success if I end up with a box that open, closes, and plays music, AND still have all of my fingers.
![]() |
| This is the outside of the music box, made of walnut, with bottom trim of oak |
![]() |
| This bottom-less box is made of oak, and it will slide inside the decorative box. The groove will hold a piece of protective glass, so that the works of the music box can be observed. |
![]() |
| This is the lid - also walnut with oak trim.
|
I must close for now and go collect sap from the Maple trees. It is Maple Sugaring time, and my dad has already given us about 6 bottles of Poplar Ridge Maple Syrup - delicious!




No comments:
Post a Comment