We did get snowed in, however, and although we have equipment to clear our 1/4 mile driveway, when there is this much snow, the difficulty is finding a place to go with it! I measured 13" one place, and 15" another place, so all told we got over a foot of snow.
I went outside to look around yesterday afternoon. The skies were grey and the snow continued to fall. I walked to my parents' house, and it was so much work just picking up my heavy boots and marching over there through all that snow!
![]() |
| The stakes are marking the edge of the driveway. |
![]() |
| Lots of drifting create odd shapes and patterns. |
![]() |
| Notice I have to use the cheater glasses to see the tiny details here! |
Dad has apparently been dreaming of summer. I found this chair that he built in the woodshop, and another one in pieces.
At the bottom of the hill, our 2 beehives are halfway buried. I put my ear to them, and could hear a muted humming coming from inside, so it appears that the bees are well and staying warm.
Today the sun is shining and the snow is sparkling and clean. If it wasn't such a pain to dig out after a snow storm, I might enjoy them a bit more.
![]() |
| This picture doesn't do it justice, but the snow was absolutely dazzling in the sunshine! |









No comments:
Post a Comment