Thursday, September 6, 2012

Deerfly

The girls and I just finished listening to Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.  Among other things, we learned about Rocking-Horseflies and Bread-and-Butterflies.  It made me think of the Disney "Dumbo" movie, where those crazy crows sing "I've seen an elephant fly!"

This evening, the girls and I saw a deer fly...right up close!

It flew after bouncing off my van.
Phoebe's Boo Boo
Believe me when I tell you that the deer was much worse off than the van.

We are all fine, and thankful both for good insurance, and for Old Bessie so that both JP and I have wheels while Phoebe the van is in the shop.

The girls never made it to soccer practice tonight...bother.

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Oh, my! The deer got you. I remember being so shaken when we were hit by a deer--the doe flashed in my window, and BOOM. It was like hitting a brick wall. So glad you're okay. I'm sending good vibes your way. Watch a little Totoro--I did tonight and I feel good. Glad Bessie is helping out.