Sunday, March 13, 2011

Neverland

Yesterday, the laundry on my clothes line was struggling to free itself from the pins and fly away to Neverland. It is a lovely place to be! The laundry there, once washed, remains clean forever. In Neverland, toys never break, and siblings always get along.



I spent Thursday night in Neverland. It was wonderfully peaceful. 8 inches of heavy, wet snow that threatened power lines were not forecast to fall overnight. I was promised a complete night of slumber, without being woken pre-dawn by eldest child.

Unfortunately, the laundry never made it to Neverland. It couldn't fly farther than the muddy front yard, where I slogged out to rescue it. And although I fell asleep in Neverland, I was woken on Poplar Ridge at dawn by eldest child who had a stomach bug on Thursday and awoke early Friday morning extremely hungry.

"Why the alternate reality?" you may ask. It works for me. Oh, and I may have been watching too many X-Files episodes lately. The friendly alien in my ice cream carton can attest to that.

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Hope you guys are feeling better now and are in a better world altogether.

Freaky ice-cream carton alien.