Monday, October 4, 2010

Farewell Lydie Belle



My Grandmother passed away early this mornng after an extended illness. She was 94 years old.

Although we will miss her, she has had a very full life. Even after their move to the retirement center, she continued to enjoy many adventures. This is a picture of she and my Grandfather a couple of years ago...look how hard she is laughing in the picture!



My Grandmother knew how to land an airplane, and how to cook for crowds of people. In 1991, my Senior year in college, she and Grandpa hosted 4 of my friends and I for Spring Break. Here she is untethering the plane so that I can take a ride.



Later in life, she slowed down some. This picture, from a family reunion in 2005, shows her playing quietly on the couch with little J. She made a little man fall down in to her lap by moving her leg over and over again, making J giggle.



Goodbye Grandma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending sympathy and hugs!!! I know you will miss her presence here.
~Dawn

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

I love this tribute to your grandma. What a cool woman--motos and airplanes! I love it. And that picture at the top is fantastic--(we're all so young now)--that hint of mischief in her smile is perfect. Hope your time with all your family is really precious.