
I've mentioned the roof raising planned for this week. All is going well, and the work is actually ahead of schedule.

We have had quite a crew this week, 4 of whom are staying here at the house. Mom and I, and my aunt have been quite busy just keeping up with meals, dishes and laundry. Last night I spent 4 hours cleaning up the mess in the girls' bathroom that was the result of the "grey water" (waste water from the sinks and washer) backing up into the tub. It was over flowing with dark brown water, and left a ring of coffee grounds and alphabet noodle when all was said and done. The good news was that 2 bathrooms, and the laundry room were not affected by the blockage, the bad news was that the kitchen was.
Today the poopsmith was out with his video snake. He was able to determine that the blockage was WAY out in the yard, not too far from where the whole thing empties out over the hill. Apparently something heavy drove over it and pulled a section apart, so it took the next 9 months for the dirt between the two ends to pack down enough to completely block it. So now there is a hole in the yard, but the water goes down the drain again.

In the meantime, I've managed to develop a wound infection where I had a thorn from one of those nasty multiflora rose bushes. JP has me on antibiotic horse pills 4 times a day for forever.
The best thing about yesterday was the half off Peeps, of which I bought a rainbow of colors!
3 comments:
LOVE the rainbow peeps. I noticed that the purple ones are somewhat diminished. When did you stuff those in? Before or after the hole in the yard?
Kim - i did have help eating those, but I ate several in between bringing wet/dirty towels up to the wash and taking mops back down to the bathroom (the pinks are missing a couple as well). coping mechanism. T
Poopsmith! Har!
Pankin
Post a Comment