Thursday, May 18, 2017

A Blast of Summer Sun

The cool rainy weather stopped as abruptly as it began, and summer arrived overnight.  We have had sunny skies and temps in the high 80's - low 90's for the past 3 days.  That has made it much too hot to do much outside, although I did finish planting potatoes on Monday, put in a bed of onions, and broad forked another bed.  I was hoping to plant the tomato plants today before it rains tonight, but I just can's get myself outside into the heat!

Poor L was out in the heat all day today!  She and the rest of the 5th graders went to Pittsburgh and took a tour of Heinz Field and the locker rooms (where the Steelers play.)  After lunch, they went to a baseball game.  One of the teachers has been sending updates and pictures all day.  The last I heard, they left the game a bit early to try to miss some of the traffic, but the Pirates were winning.

I spent several hours in the cooler parts of the past couple of days painting the propane tank.  Right now I am painting on the shapes of rocks.  I have a few more "rocks" to paint, then I need to do some highlighting/detail work, and I'd like to add a few flowers growing up in front of the rocks.  It already looks better than it used to!

 
I also finally edited the video from J's duet a few weeks back and posted it.  You can see it here.

Keeping all of the chickens in water and food, and watering all of the outside plants has kept me busy too.  In fact, I need to go water everything/everyone again!

Some more things are blooming, and it's looking lovely!

Columbine

Jack-in-the-Pulpit

Peony 'Sarah Barnhardt'

No comments: