Wednesday, March 1, 2017

In Like a Lion...

March washed in this morning in a BIG way!  There was over 1 1/4 inches of rainfall since midnight when I left this AM to drive North for Voice Therapy.  The creek across the road was high - I stopped and took a picture of it.


While I was gone, they dismissed school early due to flooding, and had a tornado watch, during which the girls sat in the basements of their respective schools for 30 minutes, and my Mom sat in the basement of the Doctor's Office!

I returned after therapy, and getting an alignment at Firestone (Lifetime Alignments - it's a great deal!)...about 2 1/2 hours (and over an inch of rain) later.  The creek looked like this:

 
The girls had slogged part way up the hill while I was sitting at the bottom waiting for the bus.  (So sorry, girlies!)

I wish I would have waited to scrub all the blood off the veranda out back.  Ernie tore his ear on something - probably the vicious sticker bushes in the woods, and bled all over EVERYTHING out there.  I could have just swept it off all with the puddles today...had I waited.


In the meantime, the Autoshop found my registration stuck to the tire of another vehicle that was in the shop at the same time, and we discovered that Ole Bessie had some rather necessary work that needed done before she would pass.  I've now spent almost $500 just to get her to that point.

L won her final Basketball game, but there is some big tournament this weekend, lasting from Friday night until Sunday that she is supposed to be a part of.  Hooray.


Gotta run...it's time to round up the troupes and head in for groceries and guitar lessons.

Enjoy the new month, and stay dry.

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Oh, Bessie!!!! Heal thyself!