Monday, November 7, 2016

Deep Thoughts

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?  We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."  - Jack Handey

 
The title of my last post reminded me of the "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" segment that  used to run on SNL back in the day.  I had to go look up some "Deep Thoughts" and have a good chuckle!

The well driller came out last weekend and has selected a spot to drill for a new well.  Unfortunately, he will not be able to start for another week or two.  In the meantime, I've called the "PA One Call" number, and expect people out to mark the buried electric lines next week.

Three of the four vehicles are now in working order.  I take the van in to the Toyota place this week.  I am pleased to say that I was able to tear out the old glove box and surround, and then install the new one in the Subaru by myself!

Ole Bessie returned from the Ford Service department last Friday, and my dad was able to use her to haul water on Saturday.

We have really been trying to conserve water, and it seems to be working...a full cistern is lasting the 6 of  us almost a week.  In the meantime, we have become proficient at the 3-4 minute shower where the water is turned off while shampooing and soaping.  It's a bit chilly doing that some of these mornings, but luckily the weather has not turned super frigid yet.   We are sticking to the old adage "If it's yellow, let it mellow.  If it's brown, flush it down."  Please don't be offended if you stop by to use our bathroom!  In addition, I have been waiting until I have a really GIANT load of laundry to run the washer, and I try to repurpose dog, cat, rabbit or chicken water for the plants.

Chaz went out for a stroll in the clover this weekend
It is amazing how much we take unlimited running water in our homes for granted.  I know that I will do a little happy dance during each shower once I am able to leave the water running the entire time!

L's final soccer game was on Sunday afternoon.  It will be lovely to be able to observe "Girls' Night" again tomorrow evening.  (JP works late on Tuesdays, so the girls and I usually do something fun, like playing Wii, watching a movie, or going swimming in at the HS pool.)

The weather has been so lovely lately, that she, the dog & I had a great time playing in the leaves yesterday afternoon.  I've also been able to spend more time in the garden in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past 2 months!


The girls have a 4 day weekend coming up, and we are looking forward to it!

 
It's all sunshine and roses up here on the hill (watered only with rainwater & tears.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that bunny was fake, it is soooo adorable. Cuter than cute.

Also, L is super cute too.