Monday, August 29, 2016

Shhhh....

Today was the first day back to school for the girls.  It seems to have been uneventful, except for the fact that J forgot her lunch.  Luckily JP was able to give her lunch money before dropping her off at school, so I didn't actually have to run in to school already this morning.

 
Both girls are in the highest grade at their respective schools, which means that J will head off to High School next year, and L to Middle School. They won't be in the same school again until J's final year.

It was super quiet around here today.  (Although to be honest, we had a pretty quiet summer, with lots of reading going on.)

I ventured down to the garden, where I've taken a maintenance break for a couple of weeks to finish up my flower beds and around the ornamental trees, as well as to make the most of the girls' final week of summer vacation.  I have continued to pick the tomatoes about every other day, as well as cantaloupes (I've picked 11 so far), but the weed control has not happened, and it's getting pretty scary in there!

I listened to several podcasts, and removed a pile of weeds taller than myself from 2 1/2 beds, and about 1/6 of the lower end of the garden.  I was thoroughly spattered with mud when I came in, including my glasses and my phone, but I cleaned up in time to pick up milk as well as a book for L at the Library before the girls arrived home on the bus.

They have been back to soccer practice for a week, but tomorrow L starts back to music lessons.  She is taking Voice this year, for a number of reasons, and is very excited about it.

It will be busy, busy, busy for the next few weeks, so I'm trying to save up the serene, quiet moments to pull out when the days get tough.

I hope Fall is off to a good start for everyone!

P.S.  This close up of L shows her newly pierced ears.

2 comments:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Look at your beautiful young ladies!

L, what lovely ears you have! You both look so grown up.

I finally had a chance to catch up a bit on your blog--what a great summer you guys had. Much more peaceful than ours. How lovely! That snake would have made me have hysterics. It's huge. AHHHHH! This is why I am not cut out for the country--one of many reasons.

Miss you guys!

Victoria Williams said...

Awww.. nice earrings! Busy times!