Saturday, February 13, 2016

Painting Pigs

Some of you know that I have entirely too many pig things at my house.  That started back in college when my friends noticed that I snorted if I laughed really hard, and they started giving me pigs.  They are EVERYWHERE - in fact, there are flying pig flannel sheets on my bed even as we speak!

I put a number of pig statues in my flower beds every year.  I actually discarded a few of them this Fall, as they had become "distressed" beyond repair.  There are several metal pigs that I've been meaning to clean up and repaint for a couple of years, and I decided that it was finally time to bite the bullet and actually do it.

They were looking pretty bad, faded and rusting.

 
I started by going over them with a wire brush.

Then I gave them a couple of good coats of exterior spray paint.


It took me a long time to get the details painted back on, and they didn't turn out as nice as I had hoped.  After a couple more coats of clear coat, they should last another couple of summers out in the flower beds!