Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Day

This morning I found myself faced with a conundrum:  it is Leap Day - an extra day this year, a "freebie" so to speak - what to do with it?

I considered taking the easy way out, stretching out on the couch to read, and at some point watch Downton Abby.  I also try to do the housecleaning on Mondays, so there was that.  Finally, looming over my head for the past 13 or 14 months, is the task of painting the girls' bathroom.  I've had the paint, but not the willpower.

I decided to bite the bullet and get the bathroom done.  There was a lot of prep-work:  removing 2 dozen tropical fish stickers, taking down 3 towel racks and an over-the-toilet cabinet, taping off the trim and shower surround, and filling a couple of largish holes that were one of the reasons the bathroom needed to be painted.  The other reason was that light yellow flat paint was not working out in a bathroom where the children don't really wash their hands before fumbling for light switches, etc, meaning that any place on the walls that they frequently touched was sort of a grayish-yellowish-brown.  Disgusting.

I'm happy to say that the entire bathroom is now a lovely blue-green shade with a satin finish, and most of the pictures and fixtures have been replaced.  The entire room has been cleaned, and once the shower curtains have been washed tomorrow, I'll rehang those.


At this point I feel like I've been on my feet all day, so I am turning in.

So what did you do with your "freebie" day?

No comments: