Monday, September 7, 2015

Laboring

Happy Labor Day, y'all!

We had a pretty fun and much needed weekend.  On Sunday afternoon, I went out to take the cover off the pool so that we could swim.  When I got close to it, it was making a strange "plink, plink, plink" sound.  I finally realized that it was RAINING!  Little drops were hitting the cover, making it "plink!"  There was no thunder, so we went in swimming any way, although J complained that she was getting wet.  I'm sure that we got too little moisture to even register, but it's good to know that the clouds still remember how to do it around here!

Sunday night, after our cookout and Klondikes, we set up the first ever Poplar Ridge Drive In!  We hung a sheet from the gutter above the garage, set up lawn chairs in the driveway, and watched "Kung Fu Panda" while getting munched upon by skeeters.  It was pretty fun!

Today we got the first actual, genuine, guaranteed egg from the red pullets.  Maybe they heard me complaining yesterday that I was tired of feeding 37 hens and only getting 2 eggs a day?  In any case, I set up more nests for them this evening, and here's hoping for a BUNCH of tiny eggs tomorrow!

Hope your long weekend was fantastic.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting!