Monday, June 1, 2015

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a...What?

We have a free trial of Sirius satellite radio in the Subaru for 2 weeks.  J's favorite station is the pop hits.  I am continually amazed by the profanity and inanity of song lyrics these days...such as the Maroon 5 one that I used in the title of this blog.  There's another one that says "Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on", another that goes "Talking body, you got a perfect one so put it on me."   And this is the stuff your kids are listening to, people!

I prefer the "80's on 8" channel myself.  Do I sound like an Old Fart?  Well I feel like one these days.  Apparently my summer's gonna hurt like an old person's back and arthritic hand.  Sigh. 

It is the first day of June, so I really need to finish getting my garden planted.  It is such slow going because of my hand.  I feel a bit better tonight, having gotten quite a few beds worked up in the garden over the past couple of days, all ready to plant!

This weekend, JP and I planted 5 tiny sugar maple trees around the ridge as well.


The Dog Warden was up this afternoon, and removed the little brown dog, who had taken up residence on our veranda over the weekend.  He howled at the back door last night, wanting to get in!  The kitties, who also reside on our veranda, are glad he's gone.  I'm happy to say that he went quite willingly, bribed by bits of Beggin' Strips.

J and I have just returned from 4H, where she has FINALLY started to learn about how to show her rabbit at the Fair.  It reminds me of when I was in PA school, practicing physical exams on my colleagues...doing and saying every single stinking thing that I could (or should) be looking for or at.  That's what it's like.  Unreal.

Just like this post, this summer vacation has started out as a jumbled up patchwork of strangeness.  J and I have a Junior High Soccer meeting tomorrow night, and I have a follow up appointment with my hand surgeon the next day, then...I think...we should be good to go.  All summer, all the time.  No worries, Mate. 

My flower garden is looking like a
patchwork as well.  Isn't your rose
 lovely, K?

2 comments:

Victoria Williams said...

I so agree about pop music. We listened to Sirius on our vacation, some of the time, and I laughed and laughed at the lyrics. Most of them sound as if they were written by 12 year olds. Hope your planting goes well. Our veg garden is really coming along, thanks to my husband. I'll have to do a post on it soon. I can mostly ignore that part of gardening, until harvest time, thanks to him.
Glad to hear you liked the orange shrimp. :-)

Country Girl said...

Exactly! Perhaps that's why my 12 year old likes it so well?