Monday, May 4, 2015

Feeling Pretty Good

My surgeon was correct in guessing that I would be "feeling pretty good" by the weekend.  On Saturday JP got a trailer load of wood mulch, and I spent several hours prepping my large flower bed and then mulching it.  JP did much of the heaving lifting, so I didn't work out my hand as hard as I COULD have.  It looks great in there now!

The kitties think it is great too.  The mulch is nice and soft for them to lie in, and they like to be in the shade of the weeping cherries and the taller plants.  They also like the soft mulch to dig and poop in, so since I've already seen evidence that they have been digging in there, I decided to make this bed kitty-proofed.  I put up chicken wire over my fencing, so that they cannot slip between the railings.  They could still jump in, I suppose, but I doubt they will go to that much trouble.  Instead they will use one of my other, unprotected flower beds.

Saturday night, L attended her first sleep-over Birthday party.  Apparently there were about 10 children in the room she was "sleeping" in, so she came home super tired and cranky.  She was also filthy!  The party was a bonfire, and they played games with paint and shaving cream.  The bath water turned green when she laid down in it!  After her bath, she went to bed for a nice, long nap.

After she woke up, we all drove down to the creek, on the other side of the road to walk around.  We usually do this every Spring, before it gets all overgrown and impossible to walk in!  We always come back with arm loads of trash that has either come down the stream, or been dumped from the road.  There is still pick up loads of trash over there, but we feel better disposing of what we can every year. 

Dad said that he saw a muskrat come out of a hole in the creek bank recently.  We didn't see any of them, but we did see this prehistoric looking snapping turtle!

 
After our walk in the sun, we came home, cleaned up, and grilled fajitas.  We ate them on the deck with homemade salsa and guacamole, and JP and I washed ours down with this yummy Banana Bread Beer!

Everyone liked the fajitas!
 
It was a good weekend, and my hand is still feeling pretty good.  Maybe I am finally starting to recover from surgery!

No comments: