Thursday, April 16, 2015

Just in Time

Last night I FINALLY finished reading Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.  I became aware of this novel through the movie "Serenditpity", with John Cusak and Kate Beckinsale.  The title was unusual, so I decided to read it.  I've been s-l-o-w-l-y working my way through this book for about 2 months now - the writing style was not my favorite, with excessive facts and too many minute details to hold my interest for long.  To be honest, I put it down several times over the past couple of months, to read a few books that interested me more.

But I digress.  The real reason for this post is not to do an unfavorable review for this book, but to announce that since I have finished it, I can finally make myself a drink from this quirky little book after work this evening.  The drink is called "Love in the Time of Kahlua" in honor of the novel.

Sweet!

No comments: