Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cold Snap

The weather has been so wonderfully Spring-y lately, and my plants are growing like crazy.  Despite that, I'm feeling on edge this evening.  Below freezing temperatures are forecast for the next 2 nights.  I spent about and hour and a half this evening trying to prepare everything, but I just can't save it all.  It's kind of a Spring downer!

I covered the strawberries, rhubarb and blueberries in the garden, and picked all of the asparagus that was above ground.


The peach trees in the orchard are the only ones that flowered this Spring, so I covered them.  I didn't cover the new baby trees that I planted last weekend.


I covered everything in the flower bed that is supposed to flower yet this year, especially if it had buds on it.


My bleeding hearts are blooming in the shade bed, so I covered them.  I decided let the Hellebore and mint fend for itself!


I closed up the chick-bit house and brought the water inside.  I also brought in the hummingbird feeders and the cat's water.  The outdoor potted plants are safe in the garage.

Sigh.  This is so very inconvenient.

No comments: