Monday, March 30, 2015

The Truth Comes Out

My Dad has become the official historian of our family, spending hundreds of hours researching genealogy for not only my family, but those of JP (yep, we're actually 5th cousins a couple of ways), my sisters-in-law, and my Mom.  I've been told many family stories over the years, passed down from my grandparents, aunts, and uncles, and many of them have been "fleshed out" so to speak by my Dad's research.

One story however, he has been unable to confirm.  Although I have claimed for most of my life that I am a cousin (albeit distantly) to Clark Gable, it appears that is not true.  My Dad has been diligently researching the connection for months now, and he has simply not found one!

He was able to find another connection with a movie star though, and not only that but also the 40th President of our Country - both JP and I have distant relatives in common with Ronald Reagan!  Furthermore, we are all (including Ronnie) distantly related to our illustrious first President, George Washington, upon whose home turf during the winter of 1777-78 I recently walked!

Clark, I'm sorry, but I'd much rather claim Mr. Washington as a relative than you, it's over.

No comments: