Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Great Unveiling

Today I got thrown headfirst back into the Real World.  Last week is something of a blur, with surgery, lots of pain medications, and lots and lots of Netflix.  I am still frustrated that I cannot do, or it is difficult to do many things that I usually take for granted.

This morning, after dropping the girls off at their schools, I had 2 patients in the Hospital to see before driving up to the next city for a follow up appointment with the Hand Surgeon.  The nurse cut my cast off before the Surgeon came in, so I got a good look at the graffiti.


Including the signature of both the Surgeon and Anesthesiologist.


I saw the Dr. for about a minute and a half.  He pushed on my thumb, which pre-operatively would have made me wince, but is no longer painful.  "It's fixed!"  he said.  I am now in a small, neoprene splint, with instructions to do my own hand therapy 3 times a day.  I return to the surgeon in 4 weeks, unless I have problems.

Hip Hip Hooray!

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

That's amazing, Tonya. I'm so happy for you. I hope your recovery continues fast and the pain is gone forever!!!!