Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sleeping With Sponge Bob

I feel like I turned a corner overnight in my recovery - I woke up with my hand feeling sore, but no longer the throbbing, bone-deep, constant ache of yesterday that was coupled with flashes of severe pain if I would bump my fingers or thumb.  I waited to take my afternoon dose of pain medicine yesterday, so that I could drive J to her guitar lesson without being "under the influence", and ended up having a really uncomfortable evening.  So...this is a relief!

My fingers are still swollen & bruised - look like sausages.

 
I have to sleep with this contraption called a Carter Pillow, which keeps my hand elevated.  It looks a lot like Sponge Bob Square Pants!

 
Things I can't do:

- type
- put in contacts
- fasten a bra
- tie my shoes
- put up my hair
- do zippers, including ziplock bags
- multi-task

Stella seemed pretty happy that I was home and being a couch potato all day!  She snuggled up beside me on the couch.  Today I may venture out after some groceries.  Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, this must be so discouraging not to do so many things we all take for granted! Go easy on yourself and take lots and lots of couch time. Wish I could be there to bring you things and do things for you!

Kim