Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Chicken Update: Maybe Not Entirely Stupid, Appear to Have Some Common Sense

Just a quick update on how the chicken training is going.  I've mentioned that the hens have not appeared to be able to figure out the new "chicken door" that JP installed.  I have chased them outside almost every day for a week and a half now.  On Monday, 2 of them came out when I called for them (which means kitchen scraps).  But every day, I have had to herd most of them back into the hen house at the end of the day.

Last night, being the ineffective Farmer that I am, I forgot about the chickens until after dark.  When I ran out to check on them, they had all safely returned to the hen house.

I've chased them outside twice today so that they can work on their suntans, which means that they all returned on their own once.

I may not be a great Farmer, but I'm an excellent chicken trainer...so it seems!

No comments: