Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Little Things

Today ended up being our first Snow Day of the winter.  When I got home from work, the girls, the dogs and I went outside to play.

Stella got cold.

 
Kali got hurt.

Notice their nifty boots - prevents ice balls in their feet!
 
I made a record breaking run on an inner tube - all the way down the hill and on to the driveway!


 
The girls both had a great time.


J has been making these little owl night lights out of toilet paper tubes and battery powered tea lights.  She taught L to make one tonight.

 
This is what they look like in the dark.  Aren't they cute?

 
I spent the day yesterday cleaning, organizing, and taking down the Christmas tree.  While cleaning the girls' bathroom, I found this bin of tub toys, which has had a place beside the bathtub for more than a decade.  Neither of the girls even take baths anymore, but I have not been able to get rid of it.  It almost feels like drawing a curtain closed on my girls' childhood.  Baths were such a huge part of being a Mommy...it's hard to let go.


But...I did go through them, discarded a few and cleaned the rest.  When they are all finished drying, then maybe I'll be ready to find a new home for them!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun. The sledding, that is, not the cleaning out :), although I guess that's fun after it's done. I love getting Christmas packed back up--at least how it feels afterward: peaceful and uncluttered! Fabulous night lights, girls!

And I love those dog booties. I've heard about them but it's too wet/not cold enough here. Rain boots would be fantastic, though, so I could stop wiping Charley's paws all the time. He does have a fleece-lined rain coat!