Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Checklist #1

This year, for the first time in several years, I am actually feeling somewhat excited about the Christmas season!  Perhaps this phenomenon has something to do with the fact that I am not feeling stressed out by work and activities at the moment.  Doesn't matter why, I'm going to run with it!

Over the weekend, we got the Christmas tree dusted off and set up, and decorations up too.

Check

Kali loves lying under it for some reason!

 
We planned to go to Light Up Night in town and the Christmas parade over the weekend, but it was cold and rainy, so we stayed home and watched Christmas movies instead.

Check

I think that all of the Christmas gifts (and Birthday gifts for L) have been ordered, and many have already arrived!

Check

We attended J's Holiday Choral Concert last night.  The kids did a great job!

Check

In the meantime, I've taken advantage of the mild, dry days after last week's monsoon to do some last minute gardening outside.  I spent another 3 hours at the Library and got their flower beds ready for winter - looks so much better.  I weeded the strawberries in the garden, cleaned up all the leaves, and mulched a few of the beds.  It's getting there!


And this year I even remembered to deer proof my little evergreen shrubs!

 
Now it's time to make dinner for the troops!

T out.

No comments: