Thursday, November 6, 2014

Volunteering

I have felt a bit overwhelmed this week - stretched a bit thin.  I have lots of outside projects to complete, and a dwindling number of decent days to do them in!  By this afternoon, although today was a truly awful day, I am feeling somewhat better.  I am making a dent in the To-Do list AND I was able to keep my calm and NOT YELL AT MY FAMILY even though today was super sucky.

Yay.

So, the tree house is mostly stained.  All of the railings and the stairs are finished, on all sides.  I was unable to reach some of the beams underneath, and still haven't decided if I am going to try to make that a priority yet this Fall, or wait until Spring.  The completed part looks great however, and is already working to shed water.  Yay.

 
The Chick-bit house is coming right along, although I haven't helped much with it this week.  We should be able to move the hens in by this weekend.  Yay.  I'll post pictures when they are moved in.

I spent a lot of time this week volunteering for a couple of very good causes.  I helped out at the PTA's Book Fair at the Elementary school one afternoon.  I restocked books, and helped several children make book selections that were within their financial means.

I spent this morning crawling around in the flower beds at our Public Library, weeding, dead-heading plants, trimming bushes, and in general cleaning out the beds.  I offered to do this at our last Board meeting when the Director wanted to hire someone to do it.  I enjoy gardening, but there is still a LOT to be done there...I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one!

Good causes, enjoyable work...yay.

Now, we are finally getting the girls to bed (yay), and I can head there myself.  I'm exhausted.

Yay.

No comments: