Monday, November 24, 2014

Party!!

J celebrated her 12th birthday with 5 of her school friends on Friday evening.  She requested build-your-own mini pizzas for dinner and cupcakes for dessert.

The girls played something loud and rambunctious downstairs (that I was too much of a chicken to peek in on), Apples-to-Apples, a Jeopardy style game that she made up, and then watched several movies.  The got to bed quite late, but also got up late and played another loud and rambunctious game downstairs.  I think they had a lot of fun!


J seemed surprised that she received many of the items on her carefully crafted Birthday Wish List!  One thing she was given that she didn't request was an enormous teddy bear, almost 6 feet tall and big around as a tree.  We have been having problems finding a good place to keep it...more on that later!

The temperature yesterday got up to the upper 60's.  We took advantage of the sunshine and harvested the remainder of the root crops in the garden:  carrots, parsnips and sweet potatoes.  I would say everything was quite productive!


Today the wind is howling up here on the Ridge.  I have plenty to do, but just returned from the Orthopedist, who injected my left thumb, where he says I have developed severe arthritis.  The procedure was quite painful, although pretty quick.  Right now it is aching and numb, and I'm feeling a bit queasy, so I thought I'd take it easy.

Poor Stella is feeling lonely and dejected since Kali is away getting groomed.  She tagged right along up into the tree house this morning, and kept me company while I got it clean as a whistle up there.  Kali should be home soon, and then all will be right with the world again.

3 comments:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Oh my goooosh. You guys got the Costco teddy bear, didn't you? Martin will be so tickled. We watched the video and everything. Not every day you see a 6 ft. teddy bear! HAH!

And I hope you feel better. Injection in thumb sounds just awful :(.
xo

Country Girl said...

Ok, I lied. The bear is about 5 feet tall (we just measured it) - that Costco bear is huge, over 7 feet tall!

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Oh, I am so disappointed. I thought I actually knew someone well who had purchased a Costco teddy bear. I was imagining where in the world you had put it.