Monday, September 1, 2014

One Week In...

We were lucky enough to have a long weekend after our first full week of school.  We used Labor Day Weekend to regroup, recover, and play!

After J's second day of school, she reported "I LOVE Middle School!"

L was a bit less enthusiastic.  She likes her teacher a lot, but she has moaned (several times) that "3rd Grade goes really slow, MUCH slower than 2nd Grade!"

A little bit of a back ache on the Thursday before school, turned into a major disability by the afternoon of the first day of school for me.  I ended up spending 3 mornings at the Chiropractor's last week.  I am finally feeling *mostly* better, but still trying to avoid strenuous activity.  I did get a lot of studying done, while I was lying around on ice packs or heating pads.  My brain feels full now, and by this time next week, my exams will be over!

Saturday was lovely...hot and sunny.  We had friends over to play in the pool, and JP cooked a brisket overnight for dinner that evening.  It was great fun!


The kids are ALWAYS starving after playing in the pool!
Enjoying "Let It Go"...or not!
Watching Totoro
Sunday was rainy and cool.  The girls put on a cute play with Grandmom about Rapunzel.  I'll try to post it at some point.  L wanted curls in her hair for the event.

Curls Before...
Curls After.




































Today we watched about 5 hours of home video, while recording them to DVDs. We got to see J's and L's births, and lots of cute (and not so cute) stuff in between.

Tomorrow it is back to school and work for everyone, as well as soccer practice.  No more rest for the weary!

2 comments:

Sally said...

The curls are so cute! I used to sleep with socks rolled up in my hair at church camp to make my hair curly for a good 2 hours. Next time try that!

Joan Stevens said...

Well, that's one way of putting it. Have you asked L why 3rd grade goes by slowly? Anyway, back aches have to be dealt with quickly, though. It's great you've acted upon it in a timely manner to prevent further problems. Seeing that you're feeling better now means that you are well on your way to a full recovery. Just lay down on the strenuous activity for the meantime. I hope you've resolved this back pain of yours by now! Take care!

Joan Stevens @ Stringer Chiropractic